Thursday, February 3, 2011

Reuse & Repurpose: Yes to Wire Coat Hangers

Just when you thought there were no uses for wire coat hangers other than for angling to get your locked car door open or using it to coax a wooden spoon out from under the stove, the creative folks at Anthropologie took a fantastical swipe at that perception.


When I first saw these windows of the lower Fifth Avenue location, I literally stopped in my tracks to marvel over the way a bunch of lowly closet rejects had been transformed into fluttery flights of fancy.

Sorry, Joan!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

13 comments:

  1. They are fantastic! I am always blown away by the things they come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! When I first looked at the picture, I was looking directly at the dresses not realizing that the real beauty was in the display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that! I'm saying YES to wire hangers... Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Trish, they just hire the best artists around to stage their shops. I'm in awe over this whimsical, fluttering hangers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Maggie, I can only imagine what fantastical things your creative mind could dream up doing with a bunch of wire hangers! Stan

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only my eyes saw the beauty in hangers, you'd be writing about me. I love art. One of my favorite sculptures, if you will, was a vintage suitcase collection poised in the lobby of the James Hotel in Chicago. It was whimsical and beautiful all in one. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I'm so inspired. I revamping my little boutique for Spring. My head is full of ideas. Thanks for posting. Love Anthropologie. One of my favorite stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome I would have stopped too
    but I did laugh at your saying you use yours for getting out a dropped spoon behind something...ha ha me too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I never cease to be amazed at people's imagination.

    Check out Sherry's blog on the same theme:

    http://back2vintage.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-have-hang-ups.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cool...and how funny to throw in the Joan comment! I wonder how many under 30-40? y/o's know where that comes from...?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin