Monday, February 7, 2011

The Object of My Desire: Knit Wit

I love the idea of a cozy.

When I was a kid, we used to laugh at all the different kinds of crocheted cozies my relatives made and acquired. There was a cozy for the toilet paper (a plastic doll whose hoop skirt covered the roll), a cozy for the facial tissue, a cozy for the toilet lid, a cozy for the blender, an embroidered cozy for my grandma's stand mixer.... I mean, if you could think of something that needed cozying then there was someone out there with a crochet hook, a set of knitting needles or some embroidery thread ready to whip something up.

For this contemporary I-cord cozy hanging in the windows of ABC Home, it appears that someone picked up his/her knitting needles to form this winding wonder. It snakes gracefully through this wintery scenario as it warms with a single lightbulb nestled within its crafted coat.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin