Friday, February 25, 2011

Found Fridays: Dumpster Delight

The next time I'm in LA, I am definitely booking time with my new Twitter buddy Dabito over at Old Brand New who shares the same passion I do for vintage and thrift. But when it comes to finding objects for absolutely nothing, he made my heart sing last week when he shared this image in his Happy Friday Finds post.

As he tells it, Dabito was on his way to do some thrift shopping when he "spotted this janky, vintage bar cart chilling in a dark alley," he says. "So I pulled over, popped open the trunk, dumped it in and booked it! You would have done the same, right?"

Oh yes I would have!

If you've made some dollar-free discovery you'd like to share, send a photo and your story to me at theelegantthrifter@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

10 comments:

  1. What a find! Even the color is perfect. I would have jumped out the car window and crossed three lanes of traffic with my cast and crutches for that baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic find and great that it has been given new life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, especially the colour! I do a lot of "curbside shopping" as our city has a wonderful bulk garbage pick-up program that allows you to get rid of unwanted big items. You put your items out 3 days ahead of the scheduled pickup to allow people to scavenge. I will have to send pics of some of my finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUH WEEEET!! Totally would've done the same:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been hunting for a cart just like that one for years! I'd have done a dance of joy if I were him. Hopefully someone pay dispose of one near me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh! love it! ben & marge each have a cart as their bedside table in their room. except i think i paid $10 each. not bad. but not FREE! love the owl towel, too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it great vintage cart. I would love to see the whole room. Bet it is fun of fun items

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dumpster delight indubitably! Thanks for having me over, new thrifty pal. You gotta give me a buzz next time you're in town for sure. We'll tear the thrifts up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, yes! I found an old blue three tier cart by the side of the road on the way home from a sale...I decided to see if it belonged to the nearby house and it did, so I happily paid a bit for it...it was a fun drive by junking nonetheless~
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just discovered your blog -- how fun! Can't wait to see what people have found. My best finds were on the day that my neighbors moved out and were tossing all kinds of great stuff in the dumpster.. including a rusty bistro table that I renovated.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin