Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Find: Window Wonders

As I passed the windows at Housing Works, I spied a scenario that made me think of two of my favorite images from The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details.


The first photo by Jim Franco is from set designer Peter Frank's home. Now doesn't this bentwood chair look exactly like the one in the Housing Works window?

And then the pitcher's glove used as a cushion made me reminded me of another baseball artifact that John Derian placed on a green metal chair, also a photo by Franco from The Find.

Don't you love stumbling on unexpected treasures?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter


8 comments:

  1. Except for the green cushion, YES! What a graceful looking chair! (I wonder if it is "sit-able" or is it too delicate?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh how I love this fabulous, stunning chair!! I'm looking for something with that same kind of uniqueness for a little study off the kitchen in our new (to us) house. It needs something exactly like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful looking chair! And the glove reminds me of wonderful summer days.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first chair is amazing. I'm addicted to chairs and have many. From mod to antique, I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stan,

    Great images of wonderful vintage things! I'm still enjoying your book. I keep it on my bedside table. It's decorative, as well as being fascinating reading (avec eye candy!).

    Hope your week is going well.
    Take care ...
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that green chair shot. I worked with Jim years ago when he was an editor at Rolling Stone. He is a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW! That chair is just divine.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin