Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reuse & Repurpose: Cupcake Flakes

With yet another snow storm potentially looming, I reused this popular post from last year on turning cupcake liners into fluttery snowflakes:


Even though I'm not a seeker of snow, I couldn't resist these whimsical flakes falling in the windows of a shop called Journelle just off of Union Square. What makes these snowflakes even more appetizing is that they are made of cupcake liners -- the kind that come with a foil exterior allowing them to be baked on a cookie sheet rather than a muffin pan.

While the silver and white snowflakes dance gracefully above the window display of lingerie (really nice lingere -- but you can use your imagination), the accumulation of this sweet, snowy stuff builds at the bottom.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. So lovely! My favorite detail is the "snowflakes" along the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea. I can certainly see this idea being translated into a child's birthday party. For the creative cutters among us this could prove to be a great outlet for them as well.

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, its pretty cool. This year I'm looking forward to take a break and enjoy nature as I go for vacation, well maybe after I find some Texas Ranches. Anyway I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin