Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reuse & Repurpose: All Wrapped Up!

During gift-giving season, I made it my resolution to wrap gifts with what I already had on hand And since I was getting low on -- and already tired of -- all the Christmas paper, I used a vintage scarf to present a metal belt to a friend. I tied it up in a bow from a box that I purchased at an estate sale, and came up with a presentation that could be used almost any time of the year.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,


The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. That is absolutely fantastic. It is completely unique and leaves no carbon footprint. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply lovely :) And technically two presents since they get to keep the lovely "Wrapper".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have a rule that I must wrap presents in what I already have. Outdated maps, strange fabric I won't use otherwise, thick navy blue plastic that covered a large postal delivery, cream coloured fabric that used to be drapes and paper that flowers came in are some of the things I've used. People always enjoy getting presents I've wrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea. Small purses and clutches are a great wrapping idea as well. : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin