Monday, January 17, 2011

The Object of My Desire: Worth the Effort

A few weeks ago, I helped my sister put together my nephew's birthday party at a local bowling alley. We looked all over for inexpensive, thrifty bowling decor, and sort of struck out -- and not in a good way.

But as my sister was looking through some of her childhood mementos, she found this trophy that we used as a centerpiece for our tabletop display. We each received one of these bowling-pin-topped awards after taking bowling classes one summer while in grade school. We had lots fun, that's for sure. But I don't think it was a talent in which we really excelled.

But as the engraving reminds, we did try. Yes we did! Isn't that about the best you can ever do?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin