Monday, January 24, 2011

The Object of My Desire: Seeing Red

On a frigid winter's day like this one is, I like to look through images that remind me that summer will come back -- bringing with it the season of garage sales and flea markets. I took this photo a while back when I spent a few days with LeAnn Stephenson, The Vintage Laundress, in her booth at the Texas Antique Weekend. This picture stands out for the way it demonstrates how color can unify dissimilar objects. By choosing this bright hue as her common thread, LeAnn easily merchandised gleeful, printed glasses and a red-handled Americana hand mixer with a container used to steam Chinese delicacies.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter


3 comments:

  1. Ah Red, my favorite color of all. Those glasses are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful photo
    and those glasses....I gobble up everyone I see

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could come with me to this spring's Antique Weekend!

    xoxo,
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin