Friday, January 21, 2011

The Gift of Thrift: More from the Prada Bag

Remember when I told you about the Prada bag found in my compactor room that blew my mind with the treasures it contained? Among its contents were several made-in-USA Homer Laughlin serving platters -- more than I could ever use unless I opened a catering business -- and this pair of Michele Harvey coffee cups.

Now the coffee cups have gone out the door as a belated Christmas gift, yet another found object that will hopefully become another person's treasure.

Always Frugal, Alway Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. This Prada bag could not have fell into better hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you lucky fellow. I am happy to hear that you gifted some of your finds, since I am beginning to think that way about friends and family gifts. If I see something that I know someone will enjoy, I have no problem presenting it as a gift. Why should something that is made so shoddily, but is new, be an acceptable gift? So many older items are made better and of higher quality. Plus, they have a history and are still useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous find, fortunate you and you didn't even have to leave the building -smile-.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin