Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Frugal Fun: Post It!

I am always on the lookout for unused postcards from places I've been -- especially if they're from eras that I've never experienced.Found at a thrift shop on the Jersey Shore, this little treasures features the Los Angeles Farmers Market. Based on the cars in the parking lot, I'd say this photo was taken in the late 1950s or early 1960s. And since it's one of my very favorite places to dine -- especially with my LA garage sale pal Ruth Handel -- I decided to send this card to Ruth. But before I posted it on its way from New York to California, I photographed it atop this glittery plastic tray that I found on the same trip. It came in a set of 12 at a church rummage sale and set me back a whole 25 cents.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

6 comments:

  1. The white car with the black roof (in center) looks to be about a '66 Impala. Love the tray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - I love that postcard! I have very fond memories of going to eat at Du-par's with my Grandpa. If I remember correctly, his favorite pie was Blueberry Cream Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find and a fun way to put it to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is gorgeous, and I love the photo of it on the glittery retro tray.

    I collect post cards from places I'm dying to visit. Hence, it's hard for me to resist post cards from Japan...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool find - especially from Joizee!

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin