Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Find: Making New Friends


I met Eleanor Park back in the summer of 2009 when I launched The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details at Luticia Clementine's on the Historic Independence Square. A member of the same church as my mom, she recently asked me to stop by her Independence, Missouri home to show off a few of her own treasures.


Gathered here are just a few of her garage-sale finds: a group of crocheted nut cups and tiny appetizer forks that she uses for at-home tea parties. They're sitting alongside a jar of vintage buttons that she says were inspired by The Find. I was also surprised to see how she repurposed an old pair of jeans by taking its pocket and gluing it into the book's cover to save clippings about The Find.

Remember, if you have a copy of The Find that you'd like personalized, email me your address at theelegantthrifter@gmail.com, and I'll mail an inscribed bookplate right to your door!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. How sweet is Eleanor! That's what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin