Monday, December 6, 2010

Object of My Desire: Oh, Christmas Tree!

You can make a Christmas tree out of about anything, and this doll tree I shared with you a while back from an estate sale in the Pacific Palisades proves my point.

Clearly, the couple who lived in this home loved world travel, and these dolls representing the far corners of the earth display their thirst for new cultures and exciting experiences. I like to imagine they carefully plucked their favorite dolls representative of the country they had visited, and then lovingly perched them on this handmade wooden tree.

This might also have been one of their favorite holiday decorations. I'm especially attracted to this doll tree because it shows how a personal collection can be cleverly grouped and proudly displayed as a decorative object in a room decor.

The tree, at $65, was being whisked away by another couple as I was staggering out of a room full of old certificates and diplomas, vintage photos, travel brochures, love notes and hand-made Christmas cards.

The added touch of whimsy for me is this pair of croc loafers that just happens to be resting beneath the tree, just as if they were placed there awaiting goodies from Santa!


Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter



3 comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin