Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Window Shopping: Barneys & Beyond

You can't visit New York during the holidays without a visit to the Barneys New York windows known for its hilarious take on pop culture.

This year's efforts served up windows inspired by famous foodies, all enrobed in their Snuggies!


The guys get their own window with a raucous table that looks as if its collapsing under this weight of testosterone. I'm amazed at how realistic the faces look. The bodies, however, look as if they've been on an uncharacteristic diet!


I love how all around the windows, platters, bowls and pans have been repurposed as medallions paying tribute to great cooks the world over.


On Fifth Avenue, I was awed by the angels twirling inside Henri Bendel before being enchanted by the dream scape presented by Bergdorf-Goodman on Fifth Avenue.


Once turning the corner onto 57th street, Bergdorf's shares its less serious side, which is perfect for putting me in the mood to head downtown to see what's on display there!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

6 comments:

  1. These were really great ones too!
    I always love going by the Brneys window to see the artwork from the kiddos and see these original works.
    I loved the tasselled and trimmed horse and rider at B.G. this year.....truly enchanting.
    L.
    H.H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the windows decorations that you have in this post, they are very different here in Germany. Thank you and merry christmas. Jürgen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooow...I love all of these over-the-top and whimsical displays...makes me wish I had a store to stage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet by the time I make it to NY the displays will be long gone and packed away. Sigh.

    Merry Holidays
    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for giving us a peek at the windows. I won't make it to Manhattan this year so it was a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merci I could not get to NY this year so you brought it to us! Lovely post and I just joined your blog followers.
    Marie Arden Pink Living

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin