Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Frugal Fun: Estate Sale Treasures


In my preparations for Christmas this year, I vowed to thoroughly use what I had on hand to make cards and wrap gifts. So all the ribbons I bought at the Independence, Missouri, estate sale of Diane Houk, known for her puppetry artistry, certainly met my thrifty needs, especially since the entire box of gorgeous ribbons only set me back about $5.


I was reminded of this estate sale extravaganza that my sister and I visited last summer by Adrianne DeWeese's enlightening column in The Examiner , Independence, Missouri's daily newspaper and how she Houk sold her collection of Nativity scenes that she collected through the years in her world travels. Just knowing more about the person who sold these beauties makes me appreciate them even more!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. Great preparations, I owe you one. Happy New Year!

    Sherman Unkefer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your Blog and enjoy Frugal Fun so I'm all over this... love your Book too!
    May 2011 be all that you Hope and envision it to be. Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love re-purposing what I already have for holiday wrapping and gifting. Wrapping things the conventional way is just plain boring!

    Hope you have a happy new year! See you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin