Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Find: Embrace the Unexpected

With the holiday festivities already underway, make your tablescapes unique by creating an eye-catching centerpiece from an unexpected object. In The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details, prop stylist Joe Maer displayed a stallion's bust as the focal point among black and white dinnerware for a moody, yet masculine effect.

What items have you used to add excitement to your tabletop displays?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! For Thanksgiving, I didn't have any flowers so I used a bunch of the wild bird feathers I'd collected. I arranged them in a handmade ceramic vase I bought years ago at the Ann Arbor art festival. It turned out pretty well and added a vertical element to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the drama here! I want to host a "winter mad tea party" soon. I think I'll surf your archives(and book) for tablescape inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved your blog a lot and i am sure many more will like it. This is something rare that i have come across. I also came across some rare Christmas Charms too. I hope you all like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... most of my unusual center pieces have been altered into vases... an antique fishing basket, a soup tureen or cake stand turned vase! Perhaps I need to think outside the flower realm when making center pieces!
    Toma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin