Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Find: A Terrific Tabletop!

I've shared this photo before, since it is truly one of my favorites from The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details.

Shot by Jim Franco, this image illustrates a vintage tailgate party thrown by the uber-talented Michael Quinn and Heather Kerr. Note their attention to every detail and their liberal use of items easily found at garage sales and thrift stores. I am attracted to the sunny yellow doors at the right topped off with doll heads -- and then what could have possibly been those dolls' former home tucked beneath a table made out of an old door and propped on a frame.

The best thing about this fanciful extravaganza is that Heather and Michael used pretty much what they had, from the mix-and-match plates to a colorful assortment of serving goods. And what they didn't own, they borrowed from family and friends to create a welcoming and familiar environment chocked full down-home charm.

For more heartfelt charm, be sure to visit Sonya over at Dime Store Thrift who's offering a personalized copy of my book! Tell her The Elegant Thrifter sent you!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Sonya sent me over to visit with you. What a great peak into the book. I am crossing fingers , squeezing my eyes shut and wishing to win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with this photo, too! Everything is so festive! Like Dogsmom above, I would LOVE to win a copy: I shamefully haven't read it yet. But I will :) If I don't win, I will buy a copy A.S.A.P. It looks like the best. book. EVER.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin