Friday, November 12, 2010

The Gift of Thrift: More Holiday Preparations

Last weekend I went out thrifting with a $24 budget, on the hunt for items that I can use for holiday offerings -- namely unique plates, bowls and platters that I plan to offer as The Gift of Thrift. Not only did I come home with $10 still in my pocket, but I also nabbed a made-in-USA Pfaltzgraff platter, a Haeger dish, a mosaic bowl, and this made-in-England-for-Hallmark tin.

My plan is to fill it with baked goods and serve it up as a present. Why, it's already gift wrapped, so all it needs to finish it off is a cheery red ribbon.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have been able to pass this up, either! I love the pattern and colors. I'm purchasing all second-hand for the holidays and am so excited at the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tin - I defintitely would've grabbed it as well, and that's a great idea to refill it w/ goodies as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tin! And LOVE the fact that you mention "Made in USA" for one of your items! Yeah! That's the BEST part about thrifting...finding MADE IN THE USA goods and giving them a new life. Made in USA==BEST, Made in England,etc.==Good. Made in China dollar store junk==junk, thrifted or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for that great idea! I never would have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin