Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Frugal Fun: Thanksgiving Prep

Let's see, what do I have on the agenda today: baking, baking and more baking! Hopefully my results will be a beautiful as the ones in Magnolia Bakery's windows.

And oh, yes, I'm looking over my vintage ribbons to select one to tie around a copy of The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details that Sonya over at Dime Store Thrift is giving away.


If you win, do you have preference?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog, Thanks for sharing.

    Regards,
    Shopping India
    ------------------------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking this year consists of nothing more than purchasing a pumpkin pie at the store. Awful I know. But I've spent too much time cleaning and decluttering my home to make room for my vintage Christmas pretties to make a bigger mess than I need to. LOL I just tell myself it means more time with the kids.

    I love your blog!

    PS Is there a vintage ribbon in the world that isn't pretty?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I get off work, I'll be going home to bake.. trying a Kentucky pecan pie this year.
    Oh IF I win,,, make is an antique satin or velvet!! please.. those are my weaknesses, or even a brocade or something red..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I spy a gold(?) in your picture? That would be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a fairly new flea market dealer.... selling to get rid of the items I have collected over decades and hopefully downsize the storage unit.... the items I regret letting go of the most were some beautiful vintage satiny rolls of ribbon. The kind that swirl off into a pastel pool pretty enough as it lays, no fluffing needed.

    By the way pies, cakes or cookies?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin