Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Find: Keeping Your Cool


With holiday festivities on the way, it seems like I'm always looking for innovative ways to offer my guests a cool beverage. You could an elegant ambiance by packing a table with multiple champagne buckets, all teeming with a different type of bubbly or line up an array of punch bowls each filled with a different celebratory libation.

I like the way Michael Quinn and Heather Kerr stowed their bottled beverages at a party they threw for The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating with Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, ad Vintage Details. In this image photographed by Jim Franco, the two used a vintage metal cooler that allowing guests to whet their whistles without having to wait to be served.

I've used old buckets, vintage metal picnic baskets and even old planters for the same purpose. But always be sure to place your containers within a base that will keep liquids from leaking onto the floor and risking a slip!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful vintage cooler design! Gotta say I love the cheeky bottle opener, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas to ponder. Now if I was only throwing a party...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bottle opener! We have a new but old-looking bottle opener mounted on the counter next to the refrigerator. Pop tops are overrated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmm....love this cooler! It gets added to my very extensive hunt-for list!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin