Thursday, October 14, 2010

Reuse & Repurpose: Postcard Perfect

Among my favorite thrifty finds are unused postcards of places I've visited or of locales where my friends live. The first card of Los Angeles Farmer's Market fit the bill on both counts. It appears to have been from the 1960s, but remains on the top of my must-do list when visiting LA.

I made an exception, however, on these two cards from Disneyland because, believe it or not, I've never been there! I did, however, visit Walt Disney World in Orlando when I was in grade school, and remember the thrill of "The Hall of Presidents" and "It's a Small World" attractions.

I found these cards on a recent thrifting trip to the Jersey Shore where I also picked up these gold-glittered plastic trays that were 25 cents a dozen at a church rummage sale!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter



3 comments:

  1. My friends and I have collected postcards at the Casablanca, we have a bunch from the 40's and some datign back to 1912! We display them in an art glass bowl on the kitchen table. Whenever a some one goes on a trip they always make sure to send a post card to add to the bowl, all of course adresses C/O The Casablanca Hotel & Resort :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these postcards and the trays look great together, probably the same era. I have some little trays almost like them; I just need to find them. I love your blog and will be back to visit often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan,

    I love vintage postcards too! They're wonderful for evoking images of bygone days. Going through a stack of them reminds me of opening a time capsule.

    Hope you have a great weekend!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin