Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Reuse & Repurpose: Wise Woodworking

I've seen so many high-end retailers taking reclaimed wood and making furniture out of it, but I don't think any of them close to the creativity and artistry I saw the other day from Pam Kern who oversees the fantastic blog Frippery.

Feeling inspired to make a new coffee table, she went back to an old shed that was once her kids' fort and harvested some pieces of wood for a tabletop.

Next, she found an outdated coffee table in the garage and discovered the base for her new creation.
Then she cut the wood into appropriate lengths and used a nail gun to attach them to the base.

And finally, she cut out stencils to apply meaningful words and number combinations to the table's surface.

Et voilĂ ! A one-of-a-kind table packed with personality that would be hard to put a price tag on.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful. More people should be doing things like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Iv been thinking of doing the same thing with my counter tops, and sealing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for featuring my table Stan! I am honored. Oh and I love Mick's counter top idea. Hmmmm... I just might have to steal that one. Hee hee. Thanks for all the inspiration, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW Stan, I blogged today about you blogging about me. Don't you love blogland? Have a great week, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! Love it!

    I find myself looking at "discards" and old things in a whole new way these days. What something CAN become instead of what it was!

    Thanks for sharing Stan!

    Shell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had the supreme pleasure of meeting Pam this past weekend. Let me tell you...that girl is not only talented out the wazoo, but beautiful to boot! I'd have to hate her...if I didn't love her so much!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin