Friday, September 3, 2010

The Gift of Thrift: Getting Cozy

There's something about the idea of a cozy that tickles me. Maybe it's because I grew up in the era of crafting cozies to hide seemingly unpleasant items in the bathroom or small appliances in the kitchen.

Crochet seemed to be the most common technique to make an acceptable cozy when I was a kid. I've seen parasoled ladies hiding extra rolls of toilet paper under their skirts, floral fantasias enrobing boxes of tissue and grannies covering up kitchen utensils in their backsides.

That's why I had to pick up this little number last year at the Los Angeles County Fair. It looks like a little girl's dress, but no! It's a blender cozy, with a tiny pocket in front for I can only imagine what. Maybe a miniature spatula or measuring spoons?

Hope you mix up something nice for this last holiday weekend of Summer.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin