Thursday, September 23, 2010

Garage Sale Goodness: Rolls and Rolls

I truly believe that half the fun of receiving a gift is in the way it is presented. I never seem to have enough ribbon in my cupboards, so when I saw this box packed with gorgeous goodies for $3 at an estate sale last week in Independence, Mo., I couldn't resist.

Many of these vintage rolls still carried the price tag from the shuttered Ben Franklin 5 and Dime that once was a crafter's go-to in Englewood area of Independence, and all of them were made in the United States or Germany. There were wide ribbons and scalloped ones, some of velvet and others of satin. A few were decorated with designs while others carried deep, rich hues. Either way, I hit the ribbon jackpot and will be all tied up for a while!

I know, that was a corny one!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

5 comments:

  1. Fabbo find, those are gorgeous! I'd be hard put to actually use them on a package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find. I always wrap presents with ribbon. The current selection available today, pales to insignificance when compared with this lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab. Who needs hair when you can just wear an angel-festooned ribbon on your head?

    Lurky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - the presentation of a gift is just about as exciting to me as the gift itself! What a find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, I miss the estate sales back in St. Louis...I never knew what great fun they were until I moved to a town where there are NONE! Good for you on the finds...keep 'em coming! At least I can live vicariously through your posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin