Monday, September 20, 2010

Garage Sale Goodness: The Objects of My Desire



On my first day of hitting garage sales with my sister in Independence, Missouri, we were lured away from our GPS-designated path by a sign that promised everything for $1, and here is what I found -- two prints from Paris, purchased by a couple on their visit there in 1970 and noted on the reverse side in neat, cursive script.

As much as the scenery has changed in my hometown, it always amazes me how the streets of Paris have remained mostly unchanged as they are portrayed in these pretty French finds.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. priceless! the last cookbook i bought had 2 letters in it from 1959. one of them had a note that said, "kids these days are really something else." what a laugh i had over that!

    give me a head's up your next pop into the metro, i would love to hit a shop or two with you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin