Friday, September 10, 2010

Found Fridays: On the Tracks


As I was standing on the subway platform waiting for the train to Coney Island last weekend, I spied this pinkish red thing that appeared to be hiding underneath the tracks. Maybe a lobster had escaped a shopping bag, I thought. Wouldn't that be hilarious if, while boarding the train, a sly crustacean leaped out and scuttled off to save itself from the boiling pot of water that surely awaited it?

As it turned out, my imaginary lobster tuned out to be a shredded piece of plastic, but it planted the old B-52's song in my ear:

"We were at the beach. Everybody had matching towels. Somebody went under a dock. And there they saw a rock. I wasn't a rock; it was a rock lobster!"

Have a rockin' weekend!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter


3 comments:

  1. Ha! Two of my favorite things in the world: Coney Island and the B-52's. The B's played there last month, too.Maybe that's when the rock lobster escaped

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster, Coney Island, and B-52's sounds like the perfect combination for a weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why I thought that Coney Island had been closed. The amusement park anyway.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin