Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Find: A Midwest Marvel

Here's another image from The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details that is among my favorites. One reason I'm so fond of this scene is because it came from a house in my hometown of Kansas City, and the other is that the featured pieces of furniture, the two Hans Wegner chairs, were found in the garbage and refinished by photographer Bob Greenspan, who also took this image. I also like the whimsy of the trio of non-working atomic clocks on the back wall and the boldness of the bright red fireplace that divides the living area from the dining room.


Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. The oh so hard to find Sunburst clocks are my favortie! I really liek his use of color the red on the frie place, green on the wall in the back ground and the panneled wood it all works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked that the younger people don't seem to know good furniture. I have seen wonderful furniture at estate sales. The new Generation just wants the house empty to sell it..Nice post first visit

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin