Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Find: Global Pursuits


I can say quite confidently that if I had oodles and gobs of extra money lying around, I would most definitely spend it on travel. I'd jet off to Paris any time I feel, head over to LA on a whim, zoom off to meet new friends in Canada and then park it for a while on a tropical island.

Repeat! Revise! Repeat!

That's why I love this image shot by expert lens man Bob Greenspan in his Kansas City home for The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. Not only does it show an easy and appealing way to display a common, thrifty collection, but it is also indicative of the wanderlust that both Bob and I both share.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. We're on the same page Stan...I would love to travel more too! Love that collection of globes!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the look of globes on display....i want nothing more than to fill up my passport book until there isn't room for a stamp left in it! oh where is my wealthy patron hiding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Stan! Let's take a spin at the globe... and see where we'll land today...

    Cheers to dreams of travel (and oodles of money to do it with!) Thanks for stopping by - miss you...

    :D Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, most definitely right there with you on the wanderlust thing-always fascinated about dinner in Paris on a whim (no more Concord, sadly). I had a globe like those depicted, and would spin it as fast as possible, stop it with a finger, and then that would be 'Point Destination!" a la childhood dreams.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin