Thursday, August 19, 2010

Garage Sale Goodness: From LA to NY

Everything I'm sharing with you today came from garage sales in Los Angeles, including this bag of trims and chains I bought splayed out on a driveway somewhere in Santa Monica. I used a few of the chains to repair some handbags I was selling at the flea market, but the trims have sat in the bottom of a bag for more of a year. Time to say ta-ta to the trims and chains sell them at Saturday's Carroll Gardens Brooklyn stoop sale with the insanely talented Heather Kerr and Michael Quinn.
I'm also giving up this joyful yellow juicer, once again discovered on the rounds in LA with my garage sale-ing pal Ruth Handel. We bought it as room décor for a fabulous yet frugal party we threw for a preview of The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. (You can read the LA Times coverage of the party here.) I brought the juicer home to New York where it has lived atop my kitchen cabinet gathering dust and soot. I gave it a good scrubbing, but like the bag of trims, I'm ready to say bon voyage to this cheery lovely!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. Stan, Please wait I'm interested in the chains and trim. Please email me the asking price for all.

    chicmodernvintage@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That juicer would be a nice hostess gift for the next party chez lurky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sew wish I was able to be in NY for this stoop sale!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin