Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Reuse & Repurpose: Cardboard Creations

A while back while dining at Jerry's now in Tribeca (How I miss the old location in SoHo!) I looked up and saw this cardboard gentleman created out of cardboard wine boxes. The framed collage is attributed to New York artist Alexander Kaletski, and after visiting his website, I realized that I once used him as a model in a men's outwear story a few years back.

From cardboard boxes to art and artist to model, New York City is a place that's always full of repurposed surprises.

Cheers!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to Alexander Kaletski. I just love his cardboard people. And I agree with you about NYC - always filled with delightful & inspiring surprises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art and story! I love all the texture in this art piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Stan!
    I know exactly where that is!!!!! Not too far from our shop in Brenham!!!!Next time you get out here you need to pay us a visit!!!!!!Hysterical.. We have a salon here "Continental Hairlines" go figure...Maryanne ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin