Thursday, June 10, 2010

Reuse & Purpose: Picture This

Who says fabulous wall decor must be framed and hung from a hook?
Not I! And neither would these two creative masters, based on the wonders they assembled out of loose paper discoveries that offer one-of-a-kind focal points that delight the eyes and tickle the imagination.

At Housing Works' recent Design on a Dime fundraiser, designer Luis Caicedo gathered stately portraits and clipped them to a wire for a grand gallery in a fantasy bedroom.

During last fall's Texas Antique Weekend, Maggie from The Veranda in Canton plucked random examples of sheet music and connected them with metal book rings for a melodious wall covering in a romantic corner.

Use these techniques to cover a wall that's difficult to paint or wallpaper, or in a rental where you want to keep permanent investments to a minimum. Link together pages from old fashion magazines, pages from tossed-out yearbooks, swatches of coordinating fabric or maybe even your old record albums for a hanging collection that's certain to wow.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful collections and collages, I love the texture this creates on the walls. I certainly need to hand some wires in the house for the random bits of inspiration I gather. Inspiration wire!

    Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of both of those, thanks for the inspiration! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! I am looking for a way to install art on Omega board that will look clean and elegant!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sheet music wall is gorgeous! What a great yet simple idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! so many possibilities and you could use it in children's room to display their art work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I kinda like this idea, being that I have tons of paper. I found you via Goodwill Hunting, glad that I did. Stop by to see me sometime.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin