Monday, June 7, 2010

The Object of My Desire: Spell it Out



The game of Scrabble will always hold a near and dear place in my childhood memories as a challenge of choice for many of my family members. My Grandma Churchill was always up for a match, and she gathered my uncles, aunts and both my parents around the table for a rollicking round of Scrabble that included words found in the dictionary, and sometimes not!

To this day, my parents still enjoy a brisk round at this board game, and this vintage pillow perched in the Carrol Gardens apartment of visual visionary Michael Quinn reminded me of those jolly games that took place around the dining room table.

What I also noticed about this pillow is that it seems pay homage to a family or a group of friends. And I, too, see some of my relatives and friends placed among the tiles! Jerry is my dad's name; Ruth is my bestie in LA; and I have two very good friends who are named Robert. And then there's Michael, of course. Without knowing him, I'd have never met this name game of a pillow.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. OMG. That Scrabble pillow is making my heart flutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the multiple/identical posts...I am out of town and using a rogue computer and there seems to be a glitch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the scrabble pillow! It is so cute! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stan

    Scrabble is in our genes....I come from an obsessed scrabble family....can you find out more about the pillow...is it custom-made. What is it made out of? Hope you catch this comment post.

    Dianne
    kitsch n Stuff
    dianne@cdiannezweig.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin