Friday, June 18, 2010

The Gift of Thrift: A Generous Gesture

Since I'm in the Kansas City, Missouri, area visiting my family for Father's Day, you can imagine how surprised I was to find that traffic to my blog increased almost three-fold yesterday. All of a sudden I started getting kind messages from people I'd never met, and complements on my book The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. After a bit of investigating, it all started to make sense when I remembered that I had offered a personalized copy to the gracious Bill of Affordable Accoutrements to give away to a lucky winner as he celebrates one year in Blogville.

There's still time to enter the Affordable Accoutrements give-away, and while you're there take a peek at Bill's marvelous table creations. You'll be amazed at what you see.

Thank you for all of your warm wishes -- and thank you, Bill, for featuring me and my labor of love!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

6 comments:

  1. Stan loved the interview of you Bill had on his blog! Really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your blog followers increase - now THAT IS a FAB FIND!!! Congrats to you my FABULOUS blogging and twitter friend! I LOVE your book and so glad I've gotten to 'tweet' you... Hopefully some day we can actually meet, and frugally thrift together...

    Have a wonderful weekend with your family...

    :D Lynda
    http://nyclq-focalpoint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Stan

    Go to the store named Curious Sofa while in Kansas City area. I think you will like her store.Off state line road.

    3925 W 69th Terrace
    Prarie Village Ks

    913-432-8969

    Janice In Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of your new followers and couldn't be happier to have found you. I look forward to getting a copy of your book.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't that a surprise you get more buzz when you didn't expect it!!!!!That's what's great about this medium.....Maryanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Stan,
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed to win your book! I am a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin