Friday, June 4, 2010

The Gift of Thrift: Bows Upon Bows


When the occasion arrises to offer a gift, rummaging through my wardrobe trunk of thrift goodies usually produces results and reminds me of all the stuff I seem to have packed away without even trying.

As I was sifting through collected items seeking a gift for a friend's birthday, I found this boxed, clip-on bow tie I bought with several others for 50 cent apiece at a synagogue rummage sale in Queens.Before I knew it, I had stumbled upon a bag full of vintage tie clips and cuff links that I had amassed for a project that never happened. I selected this ornate, metal clip from the 1960s to embellish my neckwear-themed presentation, and clipped it in the center of a brown satin ribbon.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. I was recently presented with a tie very similar to that, and I wear it proudly!

    Lurky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin