Thursday, May 6, 2010

Reuse & Purpose: Take Note

Just what are you supposed to do with all those paint chips after your redecorating is complete? If you're Michael Quinn, the visual visionary whose ideas I've shared with you many times, you just might use them as thrifty note cards!

The other day Michael dropped off a tin of cookies the other day thanking me for featuring his home tour on The Elegant Thrifter and attached this thank you note made of a paint sample card on which he typed out his friendly message. Charming, creative and colorful!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

7 comments:

  1. That is a fabulous idea! I try and recycle as much as I can. Hence I adore buying lots of vintage items, think that this maybe a girl thing. Tried explaining this to a French friend yesterday but it did not translate that well....

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I may never have to buy note cards again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - how COOL is that?!!? I won't admit to how many paint samples I have... but I might type it out! LOL

    Thanks for sharing - LOVE it!!!

    ;-) robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I've also used the paint chips for scrapbooking. They are an excellent touch to pick up a color in a photograph or a unique and colorful journaling box. The Disney paint chips I used for the kids' bedrooms comes in the shape of Mickey ears so they were great to use in the kids scrapbooks. Love your blog and all your creative ideas!

    Linda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok that is beyond "thinking outside the box".

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clever.....I wonder how these paint chips would look as price tags?

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin