Monday, May 24, 2010

The Object of My Desire: Monday Cheer

Even though I'm lucky to be able to work pretty much on my own schedule, there's something about Mondays that leaves a slight pang of dread, even when there's absolutely nothing dreadful looming on the horizon!

That's why I'm sharing with you this cheerful Pascall candy tin I bought at a stoop sale in Brooklyn a few weekends ago.

The merry mix of masqueraders that encircles this $1 discovery is expressive and colorful. Then when you flip the tin over, you see that it once held one pound of White Heather chocolates and toffees.

Now how could that not brighten your day?

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

4 comments:

  1. Stan, Stan, Stan, you just need to remind yourself that Monday means your one day closer to Free Friday!!!! ;)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondays are mixed for me. It's the day that I get to deal with all of my thrift purchases from the weekend. I get to research, clean, list and play with everything that I purchased. And it's only four days until Friday again. The tin is delightful, especially the lid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan - I just found your blog, and can't wait to get to B&N tonight to get your book, The Find! I have been daydreaming of opening up a thrift store in my area since I luv thrifting so much and you have just inspire me even more.
    I'm now a follower of your blog...luv it!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same box but in bigger but thin, 1 1/2 lbs toffees. Found in London last year, adore it, use it every day for cookies... Do you know, from when this design is?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin