Friday, May 14, 2010

Free Fridays: Angels Abound

Sometimes the objects we find hold even more charm when they are imperfect, especially when we can see a way to bring them back to a better condition than the one in which we've discovered them.

Judy McGowan in Decatur, Georgia, displayed such foresight when she was offered this "injured" angel at an estate sale. "Quite a few pieces of the concrete was broken away around her face, but I was able to fit a few of them back in place -- like repairing a piece of china," Judy told me. "Now she greets everyone at the entrance of my home."

Do you have an amazing object that you've found that cost you absolutely nothing? If so, send me a photo and tell me your story at theelegantthrifter@gmail.com.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin