Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Find: A Laundry List

During the life of The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects and Vintage Details, I've met so many talented, creative and giving people that when I step away from the experience and really think about it, I am thoroughly awed. The book came out a little more than a year ago, and the blog only a couple of months before, so to come this far and see how many people have joined me in the past year in my quest for fabulous and frugal living, I am honored. And thankful.

Just the other day I was blown away by one of my earliest acquaintances in Blog Land, LeAnn Stephenson, The Vintage Laundress who included me in her "Thingy Thursday" posting. Well I'd be overly modest if I just said "included," because the whole darned thing is about me and how I like to collect Dolly Parton memorabilia. The moment I met LeAnn, I felt like I'd known her forever. She has the kind of amazing personality that you wish you had in a next-door neighbor, and any time I am able to spend with her, even if it's just a brief chat on the phone, I immediately feel happier and inspired. If you want to read more about me and my Dolly fascination, head over to The Vintage Laundress and read about it here.

LeAnn is not alone in the support I've received for my thrifty pursuits, and I continue to be amazed by the power of social media and the strength of good-old, word-of-mouth marketing. I sincerely thank you all.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrift



2 comments:

  1. I, for one, think you deserve every ounce of acclaim that you receive - more, even!! Oh, how I wish I was your next door neighbor!

    many hugs and slobbery kisses are being sent in your direction,
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stanley dear, You deserve every hug and kiss from that gracious lady. What a wonderful interview. I hardly know you, but I'm guessing you are a giver in every way. Keep up the hard work and PLEASE promise me someday I'll get your pineapple upside down cake. Your follower and fan.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin