Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: Rock-a-Bye Baby

The other day at Housing Works' benefit Design on a Dime, I was struck by this novel idea for making bunkbeds, created by Cannon for Sears/Kmart, the sponsor of the event. Now I can't tell you how sturdy this twin-sized bed hanging from the rafters might be, but I know that if I were a kid, I'd love hanging from the ceiling, and quite possibly turning it into a swing if Mom wasn't looking!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Thanks for visiting recently. I had to go and check out 'McKenzie-Childs' out of curiosity after you mentioned it...I see what you mean. : ) Thanks for introducing me to a wonderful new Site.
    I scrolled down a bit and got a kick out of the chandelier below and the "watch your back" chair. But the pic of you, your little sis and your adorable mom, was my favorite. : )
    Take care,
    M.L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, clever AND adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mr. Stan, Why, oh why did I think I had become a follower when I had not! The shame of it all. Love the thrift kit post. Very smart idea, and yes this would have been the ultimate bunk bed for my brother and I. I'm following you now and every elegant thrifty move you make.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin