Friday, April 16, 2010

The Gift of Thrift: That Takes the Cake!


Last summer, I shared with you the contents of a $4.16 treasure trove I found at while shopping at Timess Treasures in Culver City. What you can see here is an assortment of travel brochures (I was most excited about the French ones!), and a little something that you can barely see at the top of the image.


There you go. Now you can see it better. And if you've followed me for a bit, you would know that I could not resist a pineapple-shaped, souvenir potholder from Hawaii. Wouldn't that be perfect for taking a pineapple upside-down cake out of the oven.

I stashed my golden goodie away until I saw it was the birthday of Sonya over at Dime Store Thrift. You must remember her. She's the one who last year finagled my secret pineapple upside-down cake recipe out of me! I've decided to let bygones be bygones, so I plopped this little pineapple in an envelope and jetted it off to Sioux City, Iowa for her to safely take her own cakes out of the oven.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter




1 comment:

  1. I cannot apologize enough for not only talking you into giving me that recipe but then POSTING it on my blog! :)
    But I knew that all the apologizing worked when this fabulous potholder arrived in the mail. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin