Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Find: Success Recognized

When I see friends recognized for their achievements, it's almost as if I won an award myself. So you can imagine how pleased I was to see that my pal John Bartlett, the acclaimed fashion designer, is going to receive a big fashion industry honor, The American Image Award, on May 26.

If you're not a fashionista, you might also remember John from my book, The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details. Here's handsome John in a photo by Jim Franco standing in front of a sculpture that one of our mutual friends, Carl & Co.'s Mark Ciolli, fashioned out of metal pipe snaking that he found in the street.

Congratulations, John!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Handsome, indeed.
    Okay - time to splurge on a copy of The Find ;) Can I get it personalized?!
    It's fun celebrating friends' successes - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha at first I just saw the title of the post and saw him and assumed HE was the find!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin