Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: Into the Tunnel Part II


Last week I promised you a video of my making the retro-tabulous "Tunnel of Fudge" cake, and, after much editing...here it is. You may notice that I couldn't help but use the B-52's Cake as a soundtrack, even though I've used it to enhance the making of a pineapple upside-down cake once before.

While this cake, in all truthfulness, did have trouble coming out of its pan -- and I got lots of suggestions on how to prevent this -- it was delicious, and the recipe is available on the Nordic Ware site here. Julia Child gave some very good advice to home cooks: never apologize to guests for what you perceive as a mistake. And while this cake had some cracks and dings, it was delicious right down to each and every crumbly bit!



Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

3 comments:

  1. OOH I'll have to get Robes to try this (he's the baker around here).Maryanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that cake...Mom made it. Going to google the recipe now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stan Williams - You ROCK! I loved seeing you on video! Fade in screaming fans.... "We want more! We want more!"

    We want more - videos (and cake :) that is!

    You, my dear are a natural on the camera... By the way, will be emailing you soon - would love to do a Diva Profile on you & a special feature on your book on my site!

    Until later,
    Toma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin