Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: For the Fashionistas

It wasn't so much the china that caught my eye at this Connecticut thrift store but the display case that houses it.

I was amused by the sight of a missing "O" from Oscar de la Renta's name, which in turn conjured up the idea of an action-packed, blood and guts film about the world of fashion -- sort of a cross between Mahogany and Scarface, starring Al Pacino as as an ambitious evening gown designer who hooks up with a mobster model muse. Let's just say he makes her do his dirty work as she "offs" the competition along the way to the duos meteoric rise as the stars of fashion.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. Always brings you stories that make me smile, danke.
    Very good the movie Scarface.
    Have you seen the 1932 directed by Howard Hawks? Is also very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I named my dear departed dog (pug x malt) after the perfume Oscar de la Renta!So your photo reminded me of him . He was such a lovely boy too.
    I now have a Kenzo :) Malt x shih tzu !! Ooo, now this is a Naughty boy! rrrrrr

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin