Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: Bird Abodes

You could say there's a housing development in Greenwich Village that's completely gone to the birds. And the architect behind this lofty neighborhood that's taken over McCarthy Square is a certain Vincent Mele, described as a local handyman and cabinet builder. Let's take a tour:

I call this high-rise home "Wren Heights," a luxury residence for flighty Manhattanites.

Or what about a modest home that makes you think of simpler times? Why this "Little Sparrow House on the Prairie" is in move-in condition."

And finally, this two story "Stone House for Starlings" comes complete with a pool perfect for wing flapping.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

2 comments:

  1. I love it! That makes me want to build a birdhouse just to have you name it! The inground pool idea is just too tweet... I mean sweet! Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning Stan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea Wren Heights , thanks for the photos .... every bird his house ... thanks, greetings

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin