Thursday, March 25, 2010

Reuse & Repurpose: A Wing and a Prayer


There is something quite irresistible about a wingback chair, having lovingly ogled a few in my day. Even though I'm quite an admirer, I have yet to add one of these iconic examples of seating to my apartment, mostly because I don't yet have room for yet another acquisition. But that doesn't keep me from reveling in the inspired work that others have achieved by taking something as blah as this leather number I photographed at Housing Works on Crosby Street in New York and creating a focal point of fabulosity like the one pictured below.
This terrific twin set was created by my friend Cheryl Maeder Antonio, an ultra-talented artist and photographer who also runs the West Palm Beach-based design firm, Gardenhouse Decor. I admire how she softened what might be considered a masculine shape with a men's wear-inspired hounds tooth print that's lightened up by hues of lavender and pale green.

Now that's what I call divine inspiration!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous

The Elegant Thrifter


4 comments:

  1. Lovely idea....thank you....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wingbacks...I don't have one either! But I am so attracted to them, isn't that silly?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh. so glad i found you. the title of your blog is superb! i am your newest follower.

    www.thedecorista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found a mini wing-back chair recently... at my local SA. Not my kind a "tuft", but it was at a great deal: only $59, and it was black...

    :D Lynda
    nyclq-focalpoint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin