Monday, March 29, 2010

The Object of My Desire: A Quinn-Essential Week

I recently visited with Michael Quinn, a visual expert, a fashion merchandiser, a fabulous party host and a Bollywood dancer (oh yes, you heard me right) with the intention of guiding a video tour through his pad in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.

However, once I arrived in Michael's space, I was reminded of how easy is is for the eye to wander while taking in every detail of Michael's mesmerizing masterpiece. As we started taping and photographing, I found myself examining every item that Michael has so lovingly placed -- from gigantic, Mexican flowers hanging in the kitchen to a mini mantle used in Tiffany & Co. window display-- that it soon became clear that it wouldn't be possible to edit everything down to one blog post. So for that reason I'm dedicating this entire week to the visual vastness and variety of Michael Quinn's whimsical home, the same one featured earlier this month on Design*Sponge.

As you may remember, Michael and his pal Heather Kerr are the creative geniuses behind the retro-iffic vintage tailgate party that's featured in The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details.

And, why, there's a copy of The Find right there, underneath the biology class brain and behind a couple of ghoulish skulls. I am honored by its distinguished placement!

Check back each day this week for videos and all kinds of fabulous and frugal fun at home with the Quinn-Essential Michael Quinn,

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous!

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. I followed the breadcrumbs from "Frippery's" blog back to your page, and I am now a follower! Lovely posts.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin