Monday, March 22, 2010

The Object of My Desire: A Big Bundt


How can your day not be brightened by a massive pink bundt cake?

I know mine was as I was leaving the Brooklyn Flea market last weekend, passed by Willoughby Windows and had to jump out of the car to take a photo of this gigantic, cheery confection. This oversized retro baked good reminded me of all those special treats Mom makes using her own trusty bundt pan. One of my favorites is a cinnamon apple bundt that she likes to whip up for special occasions, especially if there are guests visiting from out of town. How can you not burst out in laughter at the mention of the infamous and mysterious Tunnel of Fudge cake with its surprising gooey layer hidden among the chocolate cake? I know that for me, it's impossible!

We even keep a bundt pan out on The Luxor, the boat that we keep out on Long Island. It's been used well to make monkey bread, a dish that's concocted out of canned biscuits dipped in butter and rolled in cinnamon and sugar. I have to say, there's something about a bundt pan that makes any cake a little more special -- even if it's whipped up out of a box.

If that weren't enough to get your taste buds tingling, you can make this decadent delight even more irresistible by taking the time to drizzle it!



Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

9 comments:

  1. That is one big pink Bundt! I am glad you snapped a pic.

    We use our bundt for monkey bread, too...such a easy weekend treat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy...what a huge cake!! The pink has inspired me to create a new bracelet with pink and orange, of course!

    LuLu Kellogg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget the long green snake with the red fruit rollup tongue that Mom crafted out of bundt cakes for Grayson's 2nd birthday! It seems like Mom might have even made monkey bread in her bundt pan when we were little. I smell cinnamon!

    Mom made a traditional strawberry cake for Dad's birthday today. Yummy! Remember the time we attempted to make Dad's strawberry birthday cake? I believe Mom came to the rescue! Ha! Happy Birthday, Dad!

    Love,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously classic and modern at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo ... it would be such a great photo prop- i can picture someone sitting in it filled with bubbles or balloons, pink of course....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You put a smile on my face today.. great picture! Love your blog, I look forward to following! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin