Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Find: A KC Masterpiece

Of all the hundreds of images from The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details this photograph by Bob Greenspan certainly rates as one of the most popular.

Associated Press reporter Susan Zevon liked it so much that she used it among the images she selected for a story about getting ready for spring, which has run in daily newspapers across the country. Read the full story here.

I, too, like this photograph for many reasons, but mostly because it demonstrates how Kansas City's David Jimenez took an everyday thrift store finds, such as discarded wingback chairs, and refashioned them into spectacular pieces of outdoor furniture.

Sitting regally underneath the roof of Jimenez's grand portico, these chairs are covered with white vinyl that's both chic and whimsical, while resistant to moisture and dirt.

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

1 comment:

  1. So nice to meet you. I read about you in the new issue of Flea Market Style and came for a visit. My MIL had some twin beds that had cream colored vinyl high back head boards. I loved those beds and they were offered to me when she had to break up house keeping but unfortunately I had absolutely no where to put them. I could kick myself for not just getting them and keeping in storage until I could use them. I have never seen another pair like them. Happy Day to you. ~ Lynn @theVintageNest

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin