Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Find: Flea Market Style

The talented folks over at Flea Market Style magazine have called me one of their Design Sleuth's in their Summer 2010 issue. And apparently, the issue is so hot that I couldn't even find a copy in New York City!

But thanks to the friendly staff there, I received not one, but two copies in the mail -- one of which I'll be giving away once I devise a brain-splitting contest sure to keep you hovering for a few days.

In the meantime, I still haven't touched my hideous bathroom that I mentioned in the Q&A with FMS, even though I have finally taken the before photos. Aside from this Q&A, which also includes Eddie Ross and Mary Engelbreit, among the highlights in this issue are a visit with the super-talented guys over at Barn House Marketplace; a fabulous photo essay of the flea market in Canton, Texas; and a retro-riffric party room decorated like a 1950s soda shop. The magazine is packed with great ideas from beginning to end, so keep your eyes peeled for it at the newsstand. You'll be glad that you did!

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrfiter

5 comments:

  1. I finally found my copy of the magazine and now I'm seeing it in a lot more places. Congrats on the feature. It is a wonderful issue and I hope there are more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a sleuth, too!!! But no-one knows that. I'd love a copy of this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Dear Stan...

    I loved you before but fell for you all over again!!! I guess I'm a sucker for a Super Sleuth!!! AND THEN!!! I found myself watching for a mirror for you this past week-end! LOL I'll let you know when I find one! THEN you will have to get after that bathroom!

    ;-) robelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to pick up a copy... just discovered your blog - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool, Stan!! I haven't seen the mag yet, but there is one on the way. I will flip to your article first!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin