Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fabulous & Frugal Fun: A Walk Through Carroll Gardens


Sometimes it takes nothing more than choosing a nearby destination, hopping on the subway and simply wandering the streets of a less familiar neighborhood to re-charge my creative energy. Last weekend, we packed up the Flip Video and my trusty camera and headed off to Carroll Gardens -- Smith and Court Streets specifically -- in search of vintage inspirations, like this whimsical window at Retrospect on Smith.
You couldn't have asked for better window-shopping weather, with the temptation of spring hanging delicately in the air. And as you know, the very best thing about window shopping is that it doesn't cost you one cent!




Always Frugal, Always Fabulous,

The Elegant Thrifter

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to begin the day ... a cup of coffee and window shopping with YOU ... thanks for bringing me along ... I enjoyed it! Where are we going next time?

    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the stroll! Truly a lovely way to start my morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun! It's always an adventure to see what some people have chosen to cast off that the rest of us find to be treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of window shopping myself and often spend my weekends browsing new areas and shops.
    i totally agree about how a simple walk around an unfamiliar area can recharge the creative batteries. It's an absolute must for me after a week stuck at the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome to my neighborhood!!! Next time you should check out Brownstone TReasures and YEsterday's News on Court...they have the same owner and they are FABULOUS!!! I've written about both before.

    Dont you just love all the ol' school butcher shops as well?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin