Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Find: My Super Bowl!

I was super bowled over Sunday when I saw that the Miami Herald featured me and The Find: The Housing Works Book of Decorating With Thrift Shop Treasures, Flea Market Objects, and Vintage Details in it's home section. You probably know by now that I'm not the type to get all overly excited about a sporting event, but if you want to talk about flea markets and garage sales, then that gets my adrenaline pumping.

So just imagine how thrilled I was to see the fireplace that Coastal Living's Heather Chadduck embellished with oyster shells prominently featured in the paper's Sunday home section. Photographed by Jim Franco, this image is truly one of my favorites, since it always promotes a thoughtful conversation about Heather's inimitable imagination and creativity. The story of how she created this stunning eye catcher with shells from a local restaurant is charming -- and one that inspires people to use unexpected finds for creating their own objects of whimsy.


Have a shell of a day!

The Elegant Thrifter

Always Frugal, Always Fabulous

1 comment:

  1. Stan, Congrats on the great article.... thanks for visiting my blog....I am so excited about your blog Ga ga ooh la la ....just finished nominating your blog for an upcoming surprise.....can't spill the beans yet....why doesn't your email work? Please contact me.....(see my blog for email info).

    Dianne

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin